Nov 3, 2009
HOWARD COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF POLICE
OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
For release: Nov. 3, 2009 Contact: Sherry Llewellyn
Police continue to utilize reverse prostitution operations
13 men arrested in Jessup
Howard County police are continuing to utilize reverse prostitution operations with success. The most recent undercover effort resulted in 13 men being charged with solicitation of prostitution in Jessup.
Detectives and female officers worked to identify suspects soliciting prostitutes along U.S. 1 in Jessup on Oct. 31. Female officers in plain clothes worked undercover in areas targeted by citizen complaints to determine whether they would be approached and offered money for sex.
Suspects who approached the female officers and made such offers were arrested.
The following suspects, listed in alphabetical order, were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution:
• Kenneth Osaretin Aghedo, 41, of Laurel
• Nicanor Claure, 36, of Arlington
• Frank Kennedy Halley III, 55, of Crofton
• Mohamed Kanu, 41, of Laurel
• Zourab Kobakhidze, 48, of Baltimore
• James Patrick Marshall, 56, of Jessup
• Jerome McGlothen, 46, of Elkridge
• Hector Danidel Ramirez, 29, of Silver Spring
• Fransisco Aguilar Rojas, 31, of Riverdale
• Joseph Tawiah Sackey, 40, of Laurel
• Antione Maurice Simon, 26, of Baltimore
• Edilberto Munoz Villagomez, 21, of Elkridge
• Jason Lee Wentzel, 37, of Salisbury
Police will continue to address prostitution and related criminal activity in the county. Citizens are encouraged to call 410-313-3200 with tips or information. Callers may remain anonymous.